Monday, January 11, 2016

Kimmi's Sweet & Spicy BBQ Ribs

Are you looking for a delicious recipe for those beef or pork ribs you bought the other day? Then you'll definitely want to try my Sweet and Spicy BBQ ribs!


I made these for the family while I was home for Christmas and they were a big hit, especially with Granny. They were apparently also hungry farmer approved since my brother ate most of the leftovers.


Hi! I'm Kimmi and I'm the public relations coordinator for Marion County Farm Bureau. You will hear from many of our members on this blog and from me quite a bit, too.

I grew up on my family's farm in Washington State and moved to Indiana after college five years ago. Grandpa was a dairy farmer for a majority of his life and inspired my love of dairy cows. My brother and I grew up showing dairy cattle in   4-H and it was the best experience.

My brother making hay (and taking pictures of it for me) 

 Our beef cows in the field


My brother and I with our 4-H dairy calves in the early 2000s

Today, my brother runs the farm where we raise beef cows and hay. After graduating from Washington State University, I started working in the agriculture industry with farmers on various things ranging from public relations to milk quality.

Some of our members and board members at the Indiana Farm Bureau Convention in November 

Outside of work and Farm Bureau, I blog at www.KimmisDairyland.com about farm life, recipes and other random adventures.

Back to those ribs! You can use whatever barbecue sauce you like. I mixed a spicy honey version with a hawaiian barbecue sauce. I do a lot of canning in the summer, so I served it with some canned green beans and bacon. Perfect dinner.


Sweet & Spicy BBQ Ribs

Ingredients


  • 4 lbs beef or pork ribs
  • 3/4 cup brown sugar
  • 1 tsp BBQ seasoning
  • 1 tbsp paprika
  • 1 tbsp garlic powder
  • 1/2 tsp ground red pepper flakes
  • 2 cups barbecue sauce (I mixed equal parts Sweet Baby Rays Hawaiian BBQ sauce and Kraft Spicy Honey BBQ sauce)


Directions

  1. Preheat oven to 300 degrees Fahrenheit
  2. Cut or peel membrane off the bony ride of the rack of ribs
  3. Mix sugar and spices together
  4. Rub mixture on both sides of ribs
  5. Lay rack of ribs between two sheets of aluminum foil; crimp the edges
  6. Place on baking sheet and bake for 2.5 hours
  7. Remove from oven and heat broiler
  8. Brush BBQ sauce on both sides
  9. Broil for a few minutes on each side until the sauce is bubbly
  10. Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment